Tuesday, June 7, 2011

choosing to exercise

I love to exercise, but unfortunately I rarely have time and opportunity when I don't have Skyler.  Since this is going to be a consistent problem, I have had to come up with solutions.  Skyler is too active and gets bored too easily to stay in a stroller long enough for a good walk or run.  As of right now, he is too light of a sleeper and inconsistent napper to exercise while he takes his nap.  Getting up before him - not an option - if he isn't up first, he will wake up if we make too much noise.  The conclusions that I have come up with is cycling, exercising before picking him up from daycare (as possible) and my wonderful husband has agreed to help me by letting me go to the track after putting Skyler to bed.  So far, I haven't made it to the gym before picking Skyler up from daycare but one time.  I haven't made it to the track because of either work issues or health issues.  We have done some family cycling, but haven't figured out how to fit my bike in the car rather than the truck yet though - and I don't have access to the truck during the week.  Becoming and staying healthy is a challenge in the modern world - if it wasn't there wouldn't be so many exercise books, videos etc.  There wouldn't be so many diets and detox regimes.  Finding something that I enjoy and works with my schedule is hard but when I get it - I'll be headed down the right path - and it's exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like when you find the right thing they'll be no stopping you! Hope you find it soon. I agree - very exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete