Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Diet and Exercising

You can eat healthy all you want but as a female there is only so much you can do.  Diet and exercise go hand in hand.  It's a cliche I know but it is the truth.  Energy in and energy out is simple math.  You are not going to lose weight or tone up if you put more energy in than you give out.  There are two extremes - eat less and not worry about exercising or eat what you want and exercise more.  Neither work effectively.  If you eat too little, your metabolism slows down and you lose muscle not fat, and you can not exercise enough to burn the calories you put in if you don't pay attention.  For example, 30 mins of moderate exercise burns approx. 230 calories - the same as one hersheys chocolate bar with almonds.  Another comparison - considered healthy - 1 cup of lentils cooked with salt is 230 calories.

So, diet and exercise - the two together.  How do you successfully juggle both?  Is there a way to be a full-time wife, mother of a toddler and work outside the home?  Right now I really don't know.  Well, I do - there is a way.  I just don't know what it is.

1 comment:

  1. Awe, I know how you feel. I seem to be either obsessively dieting and exercising or equally obsessively stuffing my face. It only takes one tiny hurdle or slip up to throw me off course. Hope you find the balance soon; and when you do, blow a little my way? Xx

    ReplyDelete